Saturday, April 18, 2009

does this sound like your life?

I listened to Garrison Keillor tonight. Here is a wonderful song, performed by Tom Rush. It's perfect for those who have lived through more springs that we perhaps are willing to admit. Enjoy.

I have not felt in the pink for the past couple of days so today I just stayed in and, as a matter of fact, in bed most of the day. I am reading a terrific book, "The Untouchable" by John Banville, an Irish writer of prodigious talent, so it wasn't all hardship. This evening I am feeling a bit better; the tricky tummy seems to have subsided a bit. I have sipped only broth all day; a soothing alternative to real food. The bread man will be by any minute so I can buy more comfort food: taleras. I have to be up and doing tomorrow when our house guests arrive.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

I hope you are feeling 100% again and I think you are because your comment on my blog made me snort aloud with amusement. Just between you and me, she has the usual 50% chance...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home